Thursday, July 12, 2012

ODDS AND SODS

I've been doing a bit of housekeeping, and found some photos on the camera which I snapped when it seemed like the thing to do. Not sure what I was thinking, but here's some of them. Make of them what you will. I'll throw in my two cents worth as well.



So what's this - a supermarket just for fat people, or is it for fat wannabes?



Canadian and Chinese food. Interesting combination. Hmmm, let me think. Bacon and egg foo yong? Sweet and sour pancakes with black bean syrup? Peking beaver with hoisin sauce? Maybe they're onto something.



A leaking bridge deck somewhere. Its been leaking for so long that actual stalactites are forming from the carbonates leached out of the concrete or maybe from the CaCl anti-icing chemicals on the road.You don't want to rush these things.



And of course, at ground level, there are stalagmites, which are a lot slower and less dramatic.



I know I've used this one before, but I still can't figure it out.





Nice one, Howard.



So who hasn't seen a midget in dreadlocks sitting on a bike pedal and playing the drums in a street band?




Well I don't get to play in the snow all that often. We had the slopes to ourselves too. Everyone thought it was Summer.





Say no more! This one speaks for itself.





A Herbie-vorous car. Geddit?? Its Canadian whimsy, I think.



So many people want to shoot the roadsigns in Alaska, they put in facilities for them. Sarah Palin's idea, I believe. But be quick in there.



 One of these guys is pointing the wrong way. We do this a lot.



Asking a local where I can find a road sign to shoot.



Party time at Shady Pines. Someone left the pool gate open again. Roger hid all the towels.

No comments: