Monday, March 17, 2014

I'M BAAAAAACK !!

Well hello once again readers. And a Happy St Patrick's Day it is to all of you and yours, to be sure, to be sure and a begosh and a begorrah. Break out the Jamieson's. Well oiled beef hooked, and so on and so forth. What's new with you? Was that "Same old same old" that I just heard? Surely not. If I was to ask myself the same question, or if you were to ask it of me, the answer that would be given would be "Just about every goddam thing you can think of". All the stuff that you use when you fill in forms anyway, except name and date of birth. I'm not going to bang on about it, its now in the past, I survived, and the rest of my life has already started. But I will say this. At times of crisis, you find out who your real friends are. And to all those of you who helped me and cared about me over the last year, I cannot thank you enough. If you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, forget it, and just keep on reading. Normal service has been resumed.

I thought I better have a practice run on the blog, because two years have passed since I completed my adventure in the US and Canada, and technology waits for nobody, especially us dinosaurs. Of course the Blogger Dashboard has changed again. Of course I have to learn a whole pile of new tricks. And having only recently become comfortable with the word Google, now I have to get on top of the word Dongle. Sounds like something you could get arrested for. How long before we all get a computer chip embedded in the cerebral cortex, and I can do a post on the web just by thinking about it? Can't be too far away by now, surely. Probably just after I kick the bucket. And by the way, I hope that is many long years away.

Aah yes, I'm feeling better already. Right, let the next adventure commence. "Once more into the mysterious East dear friends," he said with Shakespearian authority. Actually one Eastern mystery I would really like cleared up before I get on a plane again is what the hell happened to Malaysian Airlines flight MH370, and I know I'm not alone on that one. In less than 2 weeks, your truly will be flying to Chiang Mai over that same stretch, albeit with Qantas. You know, Qantas, the world's safest airline. The one that does everything properly. The one that is about to sack 5,000 workers. The one that wants to get its maintenance done by the people who fix Malaysian Airlines planes. The one that thinks getting on Air Crash Investigation is free publicity. The one that loses billions of dollars a year, because unpatriotic Aussies who should be on board are flying Wog-Air just because its cheaper and are stopping over in some desert crap hole where you can't get a beer and where they stop to pray every 30 minutes. Praying to go and live somewhere else, I reckon. I seem to have lost my train of thought.

Ah yes, Thailand. Well, I've been to the Travel Doctor already. They send a taxi to get me when I want to travel these days. Have you heard Mike Green is travelling again! Great, I can finally put in an order for that new Mercedes! I think I must have had just about every vaccination you can get, except for maybe Ebola. This time it was just a top up -  a bit of typhoid, a dash of swine flu. Oooh, you'll like this one, its just come in- it's the new Dengue Fever custom special, and it's really turning heads in Malawi this year. 360 degrees, mostly. But seriously, its back on the anti-malarials again. No doubt the mozzies are already massing in their billions in Asia's fetid jungles and swamps - and the millions of old car tyres littering peoples yards- in eager anticipation of their next feast. As soon as one of their all time favourite dishes arrives in town, they'll go absolutely bunta, like they always do. Well this time I'm packing red label Bushman, you little bastards, so bring it on!

Righto, see you (and the mozzies) when I get there on the 28th. I wonder if I'll be able to get a Guinness in Thailand? Didn't think so. Bloody Protestants.

No comments: